Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) vs. Traditional Firewall
Having a firewall in place is a basic security requirement for all organizations. With security threats constantly evolving, it is essential to protect your network against intruders to safeguard systems and data. But not all firewalls are created equal.
Why a Next Generation Firewall?
A traditional firewall allows or blocks network traffic based on state, port, and protocol, and filters traffic based on administrator-defined rules.
NGFW does this and so much more. According to Gartner, Next Generation Firewall can be defined as “a deep-packet inspection firewall that moves beyond port/protocol inspection and blocking to add application-level inspection, intrusion prevention, and bringing intelligence from outside the firewall.”
The critical difference between the two is NGFWs ability to filter packets based on applications – with additional awareness, security layers, control, and visibility.
Security is always top of mind in everything that we do, which is why with Compudynes NGFW, our firewall experts and processes ensure that you stay connected and secure.
Key Benefits of Compudynes Next Generation Firewall
- Application Awareness – Reported in the Compudyne Client Portal
- Firewall Support and Updated Traffic Logged
- Constantly Updated Firmware
- Airtight Policy Change Management
- Centralized Logging and Management
- Meets Auditors Requirements – Regulated Industries
- Additional Security Layers including –
- Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Blocking
- Reputation Enabled Defense
- Intrusion Detection and Threat Prevention
As a fully managed service, we take the burden of responsibility away from your in-house resource, enabling your staff to concentrate on the important day-to-day work that keeps your business running. To get started Contact Us today