As your IT solutions provider, we are committed to providing you with the knowledge and resources to protect your business while ensuring your security.
In a time with a lot of uncertainty, cyber-criminals are targeting individuals as well as industries with phishing emails posing as the CDC, WHO and other organizations related to COVID-19, with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities.
Please take this time to remind your staff of the following tips, put out by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA):
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments. See Using Caution with Email Attachments and Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Scams for more information.
- Use trusted sources—such as legitimate, government websites—for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information.
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission’s page on Charity Scams for more information.
- Review CISA Insights on Risk Management for COVID-19 for more information.
As always, we are here to help. If you have any questions regarding the cybersecurity of your organization and your environment, please reach out.